By Mark Rozell,Ted Jelen,Michael Shally-Jensen
This all-encompassing encyclopedia offers a extensive point of view on U.S. politics, tradition, and society, but additionally is going past the proof to contemplate the myths, beliefs, and values that support form and outline the nation.
• bargains nearly 225 entries masking U.S. politics, tradition, society, and beliefs
• contains an introductory evaluation of the forces that experience formed and proceed to form American political tradition and a concluding essay that gathers key thematic threads and appears towards the future
• Covers the myriad ways that American political tradition affects different elements of yank society
• Examines how cultural symbols and ideology are manipulated to develop political pursuits and identify executive authority
• Connects new concerns equivalent to social media and sexual politics with the political culture
Read or Download American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3 PDF
Similar practical politics books
Within the nationwide meeting Federal Republic of Nigeria: “What you have to comprehend and Why? ” Kemdi Chino Opara explains not just the Nigerian process of presidency and its iterations of constitutions in the course of the years, but in addition the present political weather within the nation. He lambasts contributors of the nationwide meeting for tarnishing the values at first set forth for a filthy rich executive which exists to help the folks.
Resilience has turn into a important suggestion in govt coverage understandings over the past decade. In our complicated, worldwide and interconnected global, resilience seems to be the coverage ‘buzzword’ of selection, imagined to be? the answer to a large and ever-growing variety of coverage concerns. This booklet analyses the most important features of resilience-thinking and highlights how resilience affects upon conventional conceptions of governance.
Are firms electorate? Is political inequality an important point of a democracy or whatever that has to be stamped out? those are the questions which were on the center of the controversy surrounding crusade finance reform for almost part a century. yet as Robert E. Mutch demonstrates during this attention-grabbing publication, those weren't consistently debatable issues.
Constitutional switch via Euro-Crisis legislations incorporates a comparative constitutional research of the effect of a really large diversity of euro-crisis legislations tools at the european and nationwide constitutions. It covers contrasting checks of the effect of euro-crisis legislation on nationwide parliaments, numerous kinds of feedback at the european financial governance framework, diverse perspectives on what's had to increase the multilevel approach of monetary governance, and necessary insights into the character of emergency discourse within the legislative enviornment and of the spillover from the political to the judicial sphere.
- Democracy Incorporated: Managed Democracy and the Specter of Inverted Totalitarianism
- Uninformed: Why People Seem to Know So Little about Politics and What We Can Do about It
- The Growth of American Government: Governance from the Cleveland Era to the Present (Interdisciplinary Studies in History)
- China's Leadership in the Twenty-First Century: The Rise of the Fourth Generation: The Rise of the Fourth Generation
- Gendering Politics and Policy: Recent Developments in Europe, Latin America, and the United States
Extra info for American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3
American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3 by Mark Rozell,Ted Jelen,Michael Shally-Jensen